Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"Peak Oil" What does it Really Mean?


Image: flikr / Paul Lowry
 When I first learned about the concept of "Peak Oil", I have to admit, the concept startled me a bit.  I remember hearing that "my grandchildren will never know the experience of flying on an airplane."  The evidence was mounting and many experts agreed that there was little to no more major discoveries hitting the market coupled with the increasing demand across the globe for more and more oil production. 

The biggest challenge in sifting through the data and "expert" opinions is Who do you believe.  After learning many of the angels, I found this article very useful in taking a moderate approach to the concept of Peak Oil.

Robert Rapier explains the 5 misconceptions of Peak Oil in his article from The Business Insider 

No comments:

Post a Comment